Dental Implants | Implant Dentists
Serving Portland OR – Vancouver – Camas WA
Dental implants are the best way to replace a missing tooth or provide a fixed solution to stabilizing a removable partial or complete dentures. Implants also make it easier for you to floss and brush your teeth.
Ask about our Free Implant Consultation at our Vancouver, WA dental clinic.
Love your Smile!
Dental Implants Services
If you are tired of avoiding the food you love because you can’t chew it… if you are self-conscious about your missing teeth… or if you want your smile to last a lifetime, dental implants are for you. At our Vancouver WA dental office we provide strong, stable, and cosmetic dental implants, giving you a cost-effective long-term solution.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth (usually titanium) that is surgically placed into the jaw bone. A tooth colored crown (cap) is placed on top of the implant to make it look like you never had a tooth missing at all. For most cases, all of the steps involved with a dental implant can be completed at our dental office in Vancouver, WA so you do not have to travel to multiple offices for treatment.
Dental Implants are strong, stable, and durable and are the longest lasting restoration.
The following outlines the basic treatment steps after the decision is made to continue:
1) Molds are taken of the jaw and teeth to determine the bone, gum tissue, and spacing available for implants. We may also make a temporary partial denture to temporarily fill the space so you can still have a beautiful smile while you wait for the implant to heal.
2) At the next appointment, the area will be fully anesthetized (you may have oral sedation for this procedure if you like) and the implant will be surgically placed into the bone and allowed to heal and integrate itself onto the bone for 3-6 months.
3) There are several post-operative appointments during the healing period in which the implant dentist will check the implant to ensure everything is healing properly. Toward the end of the healing period, a special attachment may be placed on your implant to help the gum tissue to mold to the most ideal shape.
4) After the dental implant has completely fused to your bone, we will take a special impression to create a cosmetic crown that is fitted to the implant or fabricate the necessary attachments for an implant tooth or teeth.
5) In a couple weeks the implant crowns are completed and are securely attached to the implant, providing excellent stability and comfort.