Dental implants are the best way to replace a missing tooth or provide a fixed solution to stabilizing a removable partial or complete dentures. Implants also make it easier for you to floss and brush your teeth.
Love your Smile!
If you are tired of avoiding the food you love because you can’t chew it… if you are self-conscious about your missing teeth… or if you want your smile to last a lifetime, dental implants are for you. At our Vancouver WA dental office we provide strong, stable, and cosmetic dental implants, giving you a cost-effective long-term solution.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth (usually titanium) that is surgically placed into the jaw bone. A tooth colored crown (cap) is placed on top of the implant to make it look like you never had a tooth missing at all. For most cases, all of the steps involved with a dental implant can be completed at our dental office in Vancouver, WA so you do not have to travel to multiple offices for treatment.
Dental Implants are strong, stable, and durable and are the longest lasting restoration.
The following outlines the basic treatment steps after the decision is made to continue:
1) Molds are taken of the jaw and teeth to determine the bone, gum tissue, and spacing available for implants. We may also make a temporary partial denture to temporarily fill the space so you can still have a beautiful smile while you wait for the implant to heal.
2) At the next appointment, the area will be fully anesthetized (you may have oral sedation for this procedure if you like) and the implant will be surgically placed into the bone and allowed to heal and integrate itself onto the bone for 3-6 months.
3) There are several post-operative appointments during the healing period in which the implant dentist will check the implant to ensure everything is healing properly. Toward the end of the healing period, a special attachment may be placed on your implant to help the gum tissue to mold to the most ideal shape.
4) After the dental implant has completely fused to your bone, we will take a special impression to create a cosmetic crown that is fitted to the implant or fabricate the necessary attachments for an implant tooth or teeth.
5) In a couple weeks the implant crowns are completed and are securely attached to the implant, providing excellent stability and comfort.
Bone grafting is often closely associated with dental restorations such as bridge work and dental implants. In the majority of cases, the success of a restoration procedure can hinge on the height, depth, and width of the jawbone at the implant site. When the jawbone has sustained significant damage, bone grafting is usually recommended for the ensuing restoration.
If you are in the market for a solution for your missing teeth and have done your research, then you know that dental implants are the premier dental therapy option. When you choose dental implants you are getting a permanent solution that will not only look like natural teeth but function like them too. Now that you are convinced this is the best choice, it’s time to talk about the cost.
Leave us your information and we’ll call you back in 30 minutes or less.
The demand for dental implants has greatly risen in recent decades. The implants replace missing dentition, improve smiles and restore the ability to masticate and speak properly. The speech patterns and the appearance of the teeth is often re-established, re-enforced and significantly improved.
Healthy soft and hard tissues surrounding the teeth are the main foundation for positive oral flora of the mouth. Dental implant maintenance is just as important as it is for natural dentition as the bacterial biofilm accumulates more rapidly around the implants then around natural teeth.